OBS: Du er nu offline

Moving in Denmark

Address, population register and postal mail

If you move to Denmark from an EU or EEA country, you must report the move to the municipality you are moving to. You are entitled to be registered with the population register (Folkeregister) if you are to be in Denmark for more than three months. You are required to register for the Population Register if your stay more than six months.

In order to have a population registration address, you must contact the Citizens' Service (Borgerservice) in the municipality where you live.

The population register address is the address to which public authorities automatically send mail.

You must have a population registration address in order to get a health card and a NEM-account.

Moving in Denmark

When moving, you must report this to the Population Register. This can be done via Borger.dk  

PostNord will automatically receive a message about the move. Once you have relocated, letters, magazines and magazines will automatically be sent to your new address for the first 6 months.

However, PostNord does not send packages. They will be returned to the sender.