Danish wages have not always been as high, and the Danish construction sites have not always been as safe, as they are today. This change happened because we chose to stand together in trade unions. 3F-BJMF rests on this foundation of more than 100 years of proud traditions and fierce fighting for better working conditions and it is still an ongoing battle.
3F is Denmark’s strongest trade union, with collective agreements at more workplaces than any other labour union. Every year, 3F collects nearly DKK 2 billion in compensation for its members. 3F-BJMF is the construction workers' union in Copenhagen.
As a member, you receive:
In addition to the individual help, 3F performs a wide range of tasks in the Danish society:
- Help to secure good pay and working conditions
- Advice and guidance on living in Denmark
- Help to translate websites and letters from state and municipality
- Help in case of any problems arising at your workplace
- Help to obtaining compensation if you suffer an injury at work
- Help with continuing training, including personal training plans
- Group life insurance and personal accident insurance
- Member offers in PlusCard https://tema.3f.dk/bjmfimmigrant/about-the-union/pluskort
- Help to secure your salary and holiday money if your company go bankrupt
- Fighting to secure good pay and working conditions on all jobsites
- 3F negotiates and develops collective agreements
- 3F actively participates in the development of the educations
- 3F fights for a good working environment and safe jobsites
- 3F fights for a strong welfare society
- 3F affects politicians to ensure that the workers voice are heard
Remember - that you need to get organized before you need help - just as you need to take out insurance before your house burns down. It costs around 600 kr per month, but it is deducted from tax, so the price is closer to 400 dkr.
English admission form: https://www.3f.dk/optagelse/en/p0045
Reed more about 3F here: https://www.3f.dk/english
Q and A about the Danish unions: https://tema.3f.dk/da/bjmfimmigrant/about-the-union/danish-unions--q-og-a