An a-kasse is an unemployment insurance fund guaranteeing people a financial support in the case of unemployment. The advantage of being a member of an a-kasse is that unemployment benefit is higher than social security benefits from your local municipality. However, there are a number of requirements you need to overcome to receive unemployment benefit from an a-kasse. Your lokal a-kasse will help you understand and comply with the requirements.
3F A-kasse is Denmark’s best local unemployment insurance fund. As a member, you receive
- Personal service at 65 branches
- Unemployment benefits on time
- Up to DKK 18,633 per month (when at the maximum rate)
- Unemployment benefits for up to two years
- Opportunity to join early retirement scheme
- Help with finding a new job
- Job search courses / Danish courses
- Guidance regarding educational opportunities
- Access to My 3F, where you can complete and submit your unemployment benefit card and other subsidy cards
- Help writing your CV and job plan
- Interpreter help and special offers for immigrants.
Digital mail and mit3f.dk
3F and 3F's unemployment benefit fund use digital mail. This means that you will find mail from us in "Mit arkiv", under Mit3F.
3F will help you find new work
3F can help you find a new job easier and faster. We register vacant jobs that we receive directly from companies, trust representatives and job centers. Therefore, 3F can help you get to work when you are unemployed, or help you find another job. Our instructions and advice are free. 3F jobformidling on the internet is in Danish, but your local A-kasse can help you translate. 3F Jobformidling:
Your hourly pay
If you are a member of the unemployment fund, you earn entitlement to unemployment benefit. But it is very important that your wage is at least equivalent to the wage that has been agreed in your collective agreement. Otherwise, your working hours do not count towards your entitlement.
Reed more here.